Preface to the 2016 Edition
1. Chapter 1. The Mountain is God
2. Chapter 2. The Gods Live on the Mountain
3. Chapter 3. God's Country is on the Mountain
4. Chapter 4. The Protector Gods
5. Chapter 5. The Provider Gods
6. Chapter 6. The Instructor Gods
7. Chapter 7. The Mountain Taboo
8. Chapter 8. Why they Went and Why We Continue to Go
9. Chapter 9. Offerings to the Mountain Gods
10. Chapter 10. The Artificial Mountain
11. Chapter 11. The Mountain in Visions and Dreams
12. Chapter 12. The Mountain in Myths and Allegory
13. Chapter 13. The Pre-Psychological Attitude
14. Chapter 14. The Psychological Approach Applied to Mountain Dreams
Conclusions & Speculations: The Mountain Age, The Space Age, and Beyond
Image Credits: Front Matter & Part I
Image Credits: Part II
Image Credits: Part III
Image Credits: Part IV & Conclusion
Notes to Self
To Philip and Myrtle Ross and Joan and Michael Hersh and to all the hills and mountains of the world.
The Mountain Archetype Copyright © 1988 by Thomas R. Hersh. All Rights Reserved.
Comments are closed.